Wednesday, May 25, 2011

05 After 10 ∞

Aware that you are no longer mine,
I woke up numb and knew I'd lie,
To everyone who'd ask me what and why,
Shall I accept that nothing really lasts,
That it is now just a sad goodbye

Here I am, at the center of the intersection,
Don't know where to put my concentration,
Waiting for you, and this is what I get,
Not even a shadow of you I met,
Maybe it's just not meant to be

Although everything seems to be falling apart,
It feels like I should be now far in the dark,
Between us is like a door closing, 
But in that nightmare or maybe a dream,
I still chose you

I see you're okay; you're fine,
Why can't I cross the line?,
Call me crazy, tell me I'm blind,
Getting over you is hard and I cannot hide,
That you're the puzzle that completes my everyday life


With you was like forever,
Though we've just started early October,
Without you now is like years,
We've been apart for only ten days,
Who wouldn't have thought today is
FEBRUARY'S 5TH DAY..

THE STORY BEHiND:
"This poem was written on the fifth day of February. Which was supposed to be a special day. I felt devastated. Every part of the stanza described what I did and felt that same day. Seeing us not together that day was like a nightmare; So painful. On the third stanza it's more of making a decision in a dream which felt like real, I felt the tears and the pain and the goodbye and the reason of waiting and happiness. I haven't really thought of writing a poem about it but incidentally the sister of my high school substitute teacher's sister asked me a favor of doing any literary work for one of the school's organization as soon as possible. And this is the output. My first poem made which you can say is written from the heart; a ripped, broken heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment